Neighbors rescue man from burning home
BATON ROUGE - Neighbors rescued a homeowner from a burning home Monday afternoon.
Firefighters said the unidentified man had been overcome by smoke as he was trying to escape the home from a window. Neighbors, who saw smoke pouring from the home, ran to the man's aid and helped to get him out of the house.
Five minutes after the first call to 911, fire crews arrived at the scene and saw flames coming from the front of the house on Michelli Drive near the intersection of Greenwell Springs and Choctaw Drive. There was significant damage to the home, a fire department spokesperson said in a news release.
The rescued man was taken to an area hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Officer shot, killed in Mandeville was former Marine; leaves behind 7 children
East Baton Rouge on track to break record number of overdose deaths
FEMA issues Livingston Parish deadline for flood prevention master plan
Zachary man drowns while attempting elaborate marriage proposal in Tanzania
Police officer dead, another injured after shooting in Mandeville
Southern Center Jaylon Brinson excited to play in front of home town
Fans' Choice Award Winner 2019: Week 1- Isaiah Jones
Coach O Postgame after Lsu defeats Texas 45-38
Hunter Register leads Southern's offense despite loss to McNeese
Taylor Bannister's journey to becoming a LSU Volleyball Superstar