Mayor unveils priority list for MovEBR road projects
BATON ROUGE - On Wednesday, Mayor-president Sharon Weston Broome announced which projects her office plans to address first as part of a parish-wide roadwork initiative.
The mayor's office said more than 20 projects are set to begin "immediately," including multiple along Airline Highway, College Drive, Highland Road and Florida Boulevard. These projects will be primarily funded by the half-cent sales tax that was approved by voters last year.
Slated to run for 30 years and generate about $40 million a year, the program was said to include roughly 70 projects across the parish.
You can find the full list of projects along with their priority listing below.
Green priority (work begins immediately)
- Airline Hwy. North (Florida- I-110)
- Airline Hwy. South, (Parish line -Bluebonnet)
- Ardenwood - Lobdell Connector (BRCC)
- Ben Hur realignement/Nicholson intersection
- Bluebonnet (Perkins to Picardy)
- College Drive
- Dijon Ave, phase II (Midway - Bluebonnet)
- Florida Boulevard (I-110 - Airline Hwy.)
- Groom Rd.
- Harding at I-110
- Hennessy - Perkins Connector
- Highland @ Siegen
- Jones Creek Rd. (Tiger Bend to Airline)
- McHost (LA 64 to Pride Port Hudson)
- McHugh Rd. (Groom - Lower Zachary)
- Midway (Dijon - Picardy)
- Nicholson Dr. Segment 1 (Brightside - Gourrier)
- North Blvd.(including segment of S Foster)
- Pecue Lane (Perkins Rd. - Airline)
- Picardy-Perkins Connector
- Plank Rd.
- South Choctaw (Flannery - Central Thruway)
Blue priority (expected to begin in next few months)
- Claycut Rd.
- Hooper Rd. (Blackwater - Sullivan)
- Jefferson @ Bluebonnet intersection
- Lee Dr. (Highland Rd. - Perkins Rd.)
- Mickens Rd. (Hooper Rd. - Joor Rd.)
- Nicholson Segment 2 (Bluebonnet - Ben Hur)
- Old Hammond Hwy. (Millerville - O'Neal)
- Perkins Rd. (Pecue - Siegen)
- Port Hudson - Pride Road (LA 964 - LA 19)
- Scenic Hwy.
- Sharp Rd.
- Sherwood Forest Extn (Greenwell Spr. - Joor)
- Starring Lane Extn (Nicholson - Burbank)
- Terrace St.
- Thomas Rd. (Hwy. 19 - Plank)
Purple priority (begins when funding becomes available or as Green and Blue projects are completed)
- Antioch (Jefferson to Tiger Bend)
- Drusilla Lane
- Flannery (Old Hammond Hwy. - Florida)
- Greenwell St. @ Airline
- Highland Rd. (Perkins to Old Perkins)
- Highland Rd. @ Pecue Rd.
- Hoo Shoo Too Rd. (Jefferson to Tiger Bend)
- Nicholson Segment 3 (Parish Line to Bluebonnet)
- Old Hammond (O'Neal to Florida)
- Old Hammond Hwy. (Blvd. de Province - Millerville)
- Rollins Rd. (LA 964 - LA 19)
- Tiger Bend Rd. (Jones Creek to Antioch)
- Wax Rd/ Magnolia Bridge Rd. (Sullivan Rd. - Greenwell Springs)
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
CASA volunteers needed as system faces shortage
Board removes state agency leader amid investigation into sexual misconduct complaint
DSNAP phones flooded with up to 300 calls per second on its...
'My baby was murdered': Mother heartbroken over 1-year-old's death in foster care
DCFS addresses tragic death of foster child; parents repeatedly shook, struck unconscious...