89°
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast
Follow our weather team on social media

Malfunctioning dryer sparks house fire on Hyacinth Avenue

11 months 3 weeks 4 days ago Saturday, July 29 2023 Jul 29, 2023 July 29, 2023 9:08 PM July 29, 2023 in News
Source: WBRZ

BATON ROUGE - Two people are not sleeping at home Saturday night after a malfunctioning dryer sparked a house fire during the afternoon. 

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the fire happened at a home on Hyacinth Avenue near Theron Drive shortly before 4 p.m. Firefighters said the damage was contained to the laundry room and kitchen. 

Both residents were outside the home when fire crews arrived and there were no injuries. The Red Cross was contacted to help the displaced residents. 

More News

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Radar
7 Days