Jury clears cops in 2014 park attack
BATON ROUGE - A jury cleared three former Baton Rouge Police officers who were on trial for abuse of power.
The trial related to the 2014 accusations by a woman who said an officer forced her to perform oral sex on him while two other officers acted as "look outs" at a park. The three officers were arrested and indicted. The trio went to trial three years later. The trial wrapped Saturday at the district courthouse in downtown Baton Rouge.
Jury has reached a verdict of NOT GUILTY for former BRPD officers Bolden, Jackson, & Wheeler @WBRZ— Taylor Evans WBRZ (@taylorevansnews) January 29, 2017
The jury found Isacc Bolden, Emerson Jackson and Travis Wheeler not guilty.
Bolden had resigned from the force earlier in 2014, Jackson and Wheeler were placed on administrative leave after the incident and were later fired after being indicted.
The police department said the two officers who were fired could appeal their termination. Since Bolden resigned, he has no appeal possibilities.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
BRPD searching for suspects targeting and shooting police units
Club patrons won't let storms stop their fun
Nakamoto: Emails show State Police looked at ways to limit liability after...
More people adopting 'do it yourself' mentality as neighbors help clear drainage...
Thieves spotted stealing packages in Livingston Parish neighborhood