Fire spreads from outdoor cooking area to inside home Saturday morning
BATON ROUGE – A morning fire was caused when a person cooking outside left the area and the unattended cooking area burst into flames.
The 8 a.m. fire Saturday was at a home on West Coronado Street, off Monterrey and Tams, in Baton Rouge.
Firefighters were called and quickly fought the fire back. Though, the fire burned the porch and spread to the inside, where the kitchen was also damaged.
Many other areas of the house were damaged by heat and smoke, the Baton Rouge Fire Department said in a news release.
No one was hurt.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Local restaurants struggling to hire employees as business increases
COAST GUARD: Two more unresponsive crew members recovered from capsized lift boat...
Woman's missing unemployment benefits may have gone to wrong bank account
Second body recovered miles from lift boat as Coast Guard continues search...
Defense lawyers questioning BRPD drug squad cases amid corruption investigation
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job
Coach O admits to mistakes, takes steps to correct them in the...
Saints QB Jameis Winston gets emotional discussing Drew Brees