Fire crews investigating house fire on Melon Court
BATON ROUGE- Baton Rouge Fire Department is investigating a fire on Melon court near Greenwell Springs Road.
The fire was reported 4 p.m. Saturday at 7071 Melon Court. No one was in the home during the blaze. Fire crews say the fire was accidental and started because of an electrical short of a fan.
The fan was found in the doorway of one of the bedrooms. The blaze damaged that bedroom, the hallway, and a bathroom. The second bedroom and den received heavy smoke damage. The damaged totaled out to be $ 20,000.