Family of 5 killed by generator fumes after Hurricane Laura
LAKE CHARLES - A family in southwest Louisiana died of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a generator in the wake of Hurricane Laura.
Lake Charles Fire Chief Shawn Caldwell announced the deaths of the five family members during a news conference Friday. Officials said the generator was inside a garage attached to their house, and fumes entered the home through a partially opened door.
Six other deaths were reported across the state Thursday in the wake of the storm, including another individual who died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Researchers find pandemic's impact on mental health, chronic health conditions beyond virus
LSU reconsidering plans for virtual commencement after student backlash
Alcohol sales return to Tiger Stadium for LSU's second home game Saturday
La. legislature files petition to end governor's COVID restrictions
Rep. Garret Graves: Americans unlikely to receive stimulus before Nov. 3 Election...