Electrical fire damages Baton Rouge duplex
BATON ROUGE - St. George firefighters have extinguished a blaze that caused significant damage to a duplex
St. George Fire Department responded to a fire in the 8000 block of Starwood Court around 8:15 p.m.
Firefighters say the electical fire began in the kitchen and ran up through the wall to the attic, where it did significant damage.
Residents from both units were displaced because of damage to electrical systems, as well as smoke and water damage.
There were no injuries, according to investigators.
The Red Cross has been called out to assist the affected residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Local Waffle House starts program to feed first responders working through outbreak
Baton Rouge General Incident Command Center works with other hospitals to coordinate...
Awaiting release of identities of victim killed during Zachary double-murder/suicide
Unemployment: More money coming, gig workers qualified; Get application info here
Three dead in Zachary murder-suicide