Election Day reminders for voters
BATON ROUGE – For Election Day on Tuesday, voters will be casting their ballots for the presidential election, U.S. Senate and six constitutional amendments, along with several local races.
As voting begins at 6 a.m., the Secretary of State's office wants to remind voters of election day preparations:
- Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Voters can find their precinct and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app or by visiting www.sos.la.gov.
- Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver's license, Louisiana Special ID card or another generally recognized picture identification card with your name and signature such as a passport). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit, but will be allowed to vote.
- Voters will receive a limited-edition I Voted sticker featuring Louisiana artist George Rodrigue's beloved Blue Dog.
Ballot selfies are legal, but voters are reminded to be courteous of voters waiting in line. Remember, your ballot is protected and private unless you disclose it.
- Election results can be viewed in real-time via the GeauxVote Mobile app and the Secretary of State's website, www.sos.la.gov.
Secretary of State Tom Schedler said that he expects a record number of voter participation.
"We anticipate a strong turnout on Tuesday across the state perhaps surpassing our 2012 record of 67.9 percent," Schedler said. "This is an election like no other in our nation, and I encourage everyone to go exercise their right to vote and to educate themselves on the candidates and the issues before going to the polls so we can minimize wait times," Schedler said.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Homeowner feels stuck after buying house plagued by flooding, says he wasn't...
As 2022 ends, still no visible progress on Comite and Amite river...
Dog stayed with missing Louisiana girls for hours after they got lost...
Sources: WBR sheriff's office employee took cash for ticket but never cleared...
Charities hoping more donations come in as Giving Tuesday wraps up
Southeastern hosting Idaho in first round of FCS Playoffs Saturday
Fans' Choice Award Winner: U-High's Keylan Moses
Southeastern running back Derrick Graham has a deep passion for rodeo
Southeastern to face Idaho in first round of FCS Playoffs
The Black and Gold Report: New Orleans Saints vs Los Angeles Rams