Election Day reminders for voters
BATON ROUGE – For Election Day on Tuesday, voters will be casting their ballots for the presidential election, U.S. Senate and six constitutional amendments, along with several local races.
As voting begins at 6 a.m., the Secretary of State's office wants to remind voters of election day preparations:
- Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Voters can find their precinct and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app or by visiting www.sos.la.gov.
- Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver's license, Louisiana Special ID card or another generally recognized picture identification card with your name and signature such as a passport). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit, but will be allowed to vote.
- Voters will receive a limited-edition I Voted sticker featuring Louisiana artist George Rodrigue's beloved Blue Dog.
Ballot selfies are legal, but voters are reminded to be courteous of voters waiting in line. Remember, your ballot is protected and private unless you disclose it.
- Election results can be viewed in real-time via the GeauxVote Mobile app and the Secretary of State's website, www.sos.la.gov.
Secretary of State Tom Schedler said that he expects a record number of voter participation.
"We anticipate a strong turnout on Tuesday across the state perhaps surpassing our 2012 record of 67.9 percent," Schedler said. "This is an election like no other in our nation, and I encourage everyone to go exercise their right to vote and to educate themselves on the candidates and the issues before going to the polls so we can minimize wait times," Schedler said.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Drew Brees to undergo thumb surgery after injuring hand in Sunday game
Classes canceled after weekend fire at SU nursing school
Overnight house fire reported on Virginia Street
Local 8th grader's school project earns national praise
A boost in commercial buildings in Denham Springs is helping the community...
Fans' Choice Award Winner 2019: Week 1- Isaiah Jones
Coach O Postgame after Lsu defeats Texas 45-38
Hunter Register leads Southern's offense despite loss to McNeese
Taylor Bannister's journey to becoming a LSU Volleyball Superstar
Late Position Battle at Middle Linebacker A Positive for LSU