Dishwasher sparks apartment fire on Blvd. De Province
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters responded to an apartment fire Sunday morning that was reportedly started by a malfunction in a dishwasher.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the reported apartment fire in the 1700 block of Boulevard De Province around 8:30 a.m.
The fire was determined to be caused by an electrical problem in the "automatic dishwasher," according to BRFD. The fire was contained to the kitchen, with the rest of the apartment receiving smoke damage.
The other three units in the four-plex were not damaged, BRFD said.
Four people were present at the time of the fire. Red Cross was called to assist the residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Feds say an upscale home on East Lakeshore drive was the center...
Hammond home invaders attempted to execute 7-year-old; police say gun misfired
Now that new Livingston Parish development has passed, what's the plan for...
Hundreds of schools to install panic buttons in classrooms
LSU Foundation employee caught with child porn after deputies uncovered disturbing online...
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League