Detectors installed by BRFD save four in Oklahoma Street house fire
BATON ROUGE- A space heater that was placed too close to a bed caused an early morning house fire.
Firefighters responded to a house fire in the 200 block of Oklahoma Street at 12:30 a.m. At the scene, crews found the fire coming from the bedroom of the home.
The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes, according to authorities. The fire was contained to the bedroom, but the rest of the home did receive heavy smoke damage.
Four people were inside the home when the fire started, but escaped without injury.
According to a release, the Baton Rouge Fire Department recently installed smoke detectors in the home as part of the Smoke Detector Program.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
In Baton Rouge, Novavax begins trials in children as young as 12
Tuesday's Health Report
More governors opting out of pandemic unemployment benefits
Longtime lawyer charged with felonies, accused of trying to bring drugs into...
BREC breakup proposal passed by state senate: Here's what comes next
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search
Drew Brees and Sean Payton enjoy the Zurich Classic
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76