Latest Weather Blog
DCFS announces locations to apply for disaster food stamps
BATON ROUGE - The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) has requested Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (DSNAP) benefits from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Sevice for the 23 parishes covered by the federal disaster declaration.
DCFS is preparing to issue benefits next week to applicants from the following parishes: Beauregard, Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Caldwell, DeSoto, Claiborne, Grant, LaSalle, Livingston, Madison, Morehouse, Natchitoches, Ouachita, Richland, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Union, Vernon, Washington, Webster, West Carroll, and Winn.
DSNAP, formerly known as Disaster Food Stamps, provides food assistance to eligible households who do not receive regular SNAP benefits and who need help with groceries due to lost income or damages following a disaster.
DSNAP sites will serve applicants on a staggered alphabetical schedule beginning Monday, Mar. 21 and will run through Saturday, Mar. 26.
LaSalle Parish will operate on a five-day schedule, however.
Applicants and anyone who pre-registered for benefits should go to a DSNAP location only on one of the days indicated by the first letter of their last name. Applicants who are unable to visit a site on their designated day should go on one of the final two days specified.
Monday, March 21: A-D
Tuesday, March 22: E-K
Wed., March 23: L-R
Thursday, March 24: S-Z
Friday, March 25: A-K
Saturday, March 26: L-Z
DSNAP applicants must go to one of the following specified DSNAP sites to apply and receive benefits:
- Beauregard Parish - American Legion Post 27, 176 Hwy 112, DeRidder
- Bienville Parish - Bienville Court House, 100 Court House Drive, Arcadia
- Bossier Parish - Bossier Parish Community College, 6220 E. Texas St., Bossier City
- Caddo Parish - Louisiana Technical College, 2010 N. Marker St., Shreveport
- Caldwell Parish - Life Church of Columbia, 4960 Hwy 4 East, Columbia
- Claiborne Parish - La. Dept. of Children and Family Services, 622 E 2nd Street, Homer
- DeSoto Parish - Louisiana Technical College, 943 Oxford Rd., Mansfield
- Grant Parish (two sites) - Grant Parish Civic Center, 420 Richardson Dr., Colfax
- Grant City Hall, 4418 Hwy 500, Georgetown
- LaSalle Parish - Woodmen of the World, 1720 East Oak Street, Jena
- Livingston Parish - Amvets Post 68, 26890 Hwy 42, Springfield
- Madison Parish - La. Dept. of Children and Family Services, 1707 Felicia Dr., Richland
- Morehouse Parish - Bastrop Municipal Center,1901 Moeller Dr., Bastrop
- Natchitoches Parish - Council on Aging, 1016 Keyser Ave., Natchitoches
- Ouachita Parish - Louisiana Delta Community College, 609 Vocational Parkway, West Monroe
- Richland Parish - Old Dept. of Children and Family Services Office,112 D Morgan Street, Rayville
- St. Tammany Parish - St Tammany Sheriff Training Facility, 39395 Pine St., Pearl River
- Tangipahoa Parish - Eagle Heights Community Church, 47318 Rufus Bankston Rd., Tickfaw
- Union Parish - Willie Davis Jr. Recreation Center, 116 Cox Ferry Rd., Farmerville
- Vernon Parish - First Baptist Church, 1400 Nolan Trace Dr., Leesville
- Washington Parish (two sites) - American Legion Post 24, 63613 Lakeview Rd., Bogalusa
- Hillcrest Baptist Church, 2201 Washington St., Franklinton
- Webster Parish - Northwest Louisiana Technical College, 9500 Industrial Dr., Minden
- West Carroll Parish - La. Dept. of Children and Family Services, 702 E Jefferson Street, Oak Grove
- Winn Parish - Laurel Heights Baptist Church, 1001 San Pedro St., Winnfield, LA 71483
The locations will be open beginning Monday, March 21st through Sunday, March 26th from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Applicants may name an authorized representative to go to a DSNAP site on their behalf. Authorized representatives must bring with them to the DSNAP site a picture ID and the picture ID of the applicant/head of household along with a signed statement from the applicant/head of household or an adult household member authorizing them as a representative.
To find all the information applicants must bring to register click here.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One person injured in reported shooting on O'Neal Lane
One person killed, two others hurt in shooting on Prescott Court
New Baton Rouge casino almost complete, 100 job openings need to be...
Sarasota Drive bridge reopened after nearly a year of construction
Board approves increased 911 fees for EBR; new rates take effect as...
LSU, Tulane to meet in first round of Baton Rouge Regional as...
LSU president reminisces during team trip to DC
Southern baseball sweeps Arkansas-Pine Bluff to finish out regular season
A candid conversation with Kim Mulkey - Watch the half-hour special on...
Channel 2's Best Bet$: NBA Playoffs