Council on Aging announces six new locations
BATON ROUGE - East Baton Rouge Parish Council on Aging is opening six new locations across the parish.
Council on Aging offers seniors over the age of 60 daily meals and activities.
Those activities are now being added inside of BREC facilities in six new locations:
- EBRCOA/ BREC Perkins Road Community -7122 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- EBRCOA/ BREC Antioch Park Senior Center - 6229 Antioch Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70817
- EBRCOA/ BREC Highland Rd. Community Center -14024 Highland Rd. Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- EBRCOA/ BREC Ben Burge Park Senior Center -9350 Antigua Dr. Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- EBRCOA/ BREC Flanacher Park Senior Center - 864 Flanancher Rd. Baton Rouge, LA 70791
- EBRCOA/ Jewel J. Newman Community Center - 2013 Central Rd. Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Council On Aging has partnered with BREC to reach more seniors in areas where officials said they saw a need. Most of the BREC facilities were not being used during the day. Using existing park facilities meant the Council on Aging did not have to build separate buildings.
"I won't have to travel as far, you know, for some of the activities and they have wonderful programs; The exercising, the dance, Tai Chi," said Melba Morye, who has participated in Council on Aging activities for the last year.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Juban's plans an early 2022 reopening with new updates
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 7: East Ascension Walter Samuel
Toy shortage impacting local shops heading into holiday season
Ponchatoula adds 20 more debris trucks; 161K cubic yards in storm debris...
Advocates urge to recognize warning signs of domestic violence following this weeks...