Large house fire reported in Central
CENTRAL - First responders were called back to site of a house fire after flames erupted there again just hours later.
The Central Fire Department said crews were first called to the home on Ranchitos Avenue late Monday morning after a central heating unit reportedly sparked flames there. No one was home at the time, and the fire was brought under control with help from the East Side and Zachary Fire departments.
Around 8 p.m. Monday, six crews were called back to the same address where they found the home engulfed in flames. One firefighter suffered an injury to their hand which required stitches.
The department said it's unclear whether the flames rekindled from the same source. The fire remains under investigation.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Deputies identify suspect who killed neighbor, arrested after barricading himself in home...
Pastor Tony Spell holds first service since court win in March 2020...
Deputies identify suspect in fatal shooting, standoff on W Chalfont Street
Flames consumed vacant home in Sunday morning arson on N Acadian East
Fifth annual Soul Food Festival has big opening day