Video shows crews battling house fire in local subdivision
BATON ROUGE - The St. George Fire Protection District was called to a subdivision Monday afternoon to battle a large house fire.
Video given to WBRZ by a viewer shows flames engulfing the front entrance of the home in the 5100 block of Bluewater Drive near O'Neal Lane around 12:20 p.m.
In the video, firefighters can be seen battling the blaze as smoke billows from the home's windows. Crews contained the fire within thirty minutes.
Fire officials say no injuries were reported.
The fire was caused by an electrical problem on the back porch, and quickly spread to the attic.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Fence company owner apologizes, plans to answer to warrants
State health officials brace for troublesome cold, flu season amid coronavirus pandemic
Bar owners disciplined for violating restrictions plead for state to lift suspensions
Baton Rouge General offers post-recovery support services for COVID survivors
25-year-old man killed in West BR crash Tuesday night
Recruiting look at local WR's Chris Hilton and Brian Thomas
Friday Night Blitz: Week 1 09-25-2020
LSU changing the recruiting game with prospect led visits
LSU football returns Saturday with no tailgating, 25% capacity in Death Valley
What you need to know before you geaux to Tiger Stadium