Split lane closures to take place along I-10/I-12 this week
BATON ROUGE - Drivers along I-12 West near Essen Lane should expect slowdowns due to construction work during the evenings this week.
According to The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, I-12 West will see a single lane closed between Essen Lane and College Drive from Monday, December 6 to Saturday, December 11.
Weather permitting, lane closures will occur during the following times:
- 9:00 PM Monday, December 6 to 5:00 AM Tuesday December 7
- 9:00 PM Tuesday, December 7 to 5:00 AM Wednesday, December 8
- 9:00 PM Wednesday, December 8 to 5:00 AM Thursday, December 9
- 9:00 PM Thursday, December 9 to 5:00 AM Friday, December 10
- 9:00 PM Friday, December 10 to 7:00 AM Saturday, December 11
Officials say these lane closures are necessary to install barriers and that no detour is necessary.
DOTD asks that drivers proceed with caution as the navigate the area, and remain on the lookout for work crews and their equipment.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
West side welcomes home survivor of fatal police crash Liam Dunn
Baton Rouge NAACP says Louisiana should adopt new procedures after 5 Memphis...
Baton Rouge Green distributes native trees to local households; Sylvia's Valentines accepting...
City plans to roll out Florida Boulevard revitalization over the next 15...
More electric vehicle charging stations coming to Baton Rouge