Over 33,000 La. Walmart workers to get pay raises
NEW ORLEANS - More than 33,000 Walmart associates in Louisiana will receive a pay raise by their Mar. 10 paycheck. The increases are a part of the company’s two-year $2.7 billion investment in higher pay, better training and education opportunities for its workers.
The Mar. 10 paycheck for eligible Louisiana associates will include a share of more than $5.4 million of bonuses.
“This new pay structure is already improving the lives of Walmart associates,” Gay Clark, department manager of Walmart store #270, said.
Walmart U.S and Sam’s Club promoted over 5,000 associates with higher pay and over 3,000 were converted from part-time to full-time.
This month’s pay changes include:
- All associates hired before Jan. 1, 2016 will earn at least $10/hour.
- New entry-level associates hired after Jan. 1 will continue to start at $9/hour and will move to at least $10/hour after completing the company training program.
- Associates already earning more than $10/hour will see their annual pay increase starting in March rather than waiting until their anniversary date.
- Walmart is raising the starting rate of its non-entry level hourly pay bands. Anyone earning below the new minimum will automatically move up to the new minimum.
- Associates at or above their pay band maximum will receive a one-time lump sum payment equal to 2 percent of their annual pay.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
'It's a long time coming': Iberville Parish President pleased with potential bridge...
In wake of two boating fatalities, Pointe Coupee officials hoping for safe...
Some hurricane plans to change in Tangipahoa after Ida
Location for new bridge narrowed down to three options, all in Iberville...
Restaurant worker on the run after gunfight in parking lot of Ascension...
Southern baseball walks off Jackson State in SWAC Tournament
Southern baseball wins game one 21-2 over Alcorn
VIDEO: Former Saints and Tiger Devery Henderson talks about the difference between...
New NCAA rules tweak opens door for more SEC dominance
VIDEO: Devery Henderson Talk about Bluegrass Miracle and the Saints "Rebirth game"