Four workers escape building collapse, gas-fueled fire Thursday
BATON ROUGE - The Baton Rouge Fire Department is investigating a building collapse that resulted in a gas leak and fire at a building off Nicholson Drive Thursday.
No one was injured at the scene, which was at a business located at 2615 Nicholson Drive between McKinley and Grant Street. It happened around lunchtime Thursday.
A worker who was on the property captured video of the collapse as it happened.
The fire department believes a brick wall collapsed at the site, causing a gas leak and fire. After being dispatched to a report of an explosion, the Baton Rouge Fire Department said the building didn't explode, but rather, the collapse of the brick wall caused the fire.
It wasn't clear why the wall failed.
There were no injuries.
WBRZ news reporter and anchor Taylor Rubach was at the scene. She reported four workers were inside the building doing work when the wall fell and the fire erupted. The workers told WBRZ, the wall fell onto a gas meter.
FIRE: Four Workers were inside this building, located at Nicholson and McKinley, at the time when a wall fell on a gas meter. No injuries reported. They were inside doing repo work. BR Fire on scene. @WBRZ pic.twitter.com/Us3iVp2nGx— Taylor Marie Rubach (@rubachtaylortv) November 25, 2021
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
WATCH: New LSU coach Brian Kelly arrives in Baton Rouge
High school coaches give Brian Kelly advice on how to tackle recruiting...
See the contract to get Brian Kelly as the new LSU Football...
Fans share their excitement about new LSU head coach Brian Kelly
New LSU coach Brian Kelly arrives in Baton Rouge