Lightning sparks house fire on Glenfield Drive
BATON ROUGE - St. George firefighters have determined lightning caused a fire in the attic of a home on Glenfield Drive Saturday.
Officials arrived at the home in the 8600 block of Glenfield Drive around 6:30 p.m. They arrived to heavy smoke coming from the roof over the garage, according to a St. George Fire Department spokesperson.
Crews made entry into the house and garage and contained fire damage to the attic area over the garage. The area near the garage received smoke and water damage.
Crews declared the fire under control in about 25 minutes, according to investigators.
The occupants were not home at the time of the fire. The residents' dog was removed from the house and uninjured.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Title IX conversation continues during 2021 legislative session
Baton Rouge launches new plastic pollution cleanup initiative
Hundreds of volunteers walk the levees in Saturday search effort
LSU Board of Supervisors holds a special session to address Title IX...
Damage in Pointe Coupee Saturday
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job
Coach O admits to mistakes, takes steps to correct them in the...
Saints QB Jameis Winston gets emotional discussing Drew Brees
Southern football on the road to play Texas Southern