Guests at Siegen area hotel evacuated due to small fire
BATON ROUGE - Guests at a hotel off Siegen Lane were evacuated from their rooms when a small fire triggered the building's sprinklers early Monday morning.
St. George fire officials reported the situation as a small trash fire that occurred at the Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge Siegen Lane, located on North Mall Drive, shortly before 4:30 a.m.
According to a news release from the fire department, approximately 100 patrons were evacuated.
The blaze was declared under control by 4:43 a.m., and though there were no injuries, several rooms sustained smoke and water damage.
As of 6 a.m., fire investigators were still analyzing the scene of the incident.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
High-ranking Ascension Parish deputy suspended after DWI, wasn't booked into jail
Woman wanted for St. John Parish murder in custody
BR first responders deployed to Florida to assist in Hurricane Ian recovery...
Hurricane Ian likely to affect Louisiana homeowner's insurance rates
Denham Springs fall festival brings fun to community, improvements to city's historic...
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League