Electrical malfunction sparks fire at building along Scenic Highway
BATON ROUGE - An electrical malfunction sparked a fire that burned down an apartment in a multi-use building Sunday afternoon.
Baton Rouge firefighters said an apartment unity at 3060 Scenic Highway was fully engulfed in flames when units arrived at 2:15.
According to fire officials, there were two apartments and an office in the building. The second apartment received heavy smoke damage.
No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
City leaders aiming to make stricter penalties for stunt drivers
Parents say EBR transportation system had a bumpy ride for the first...
Water turned off at apartment building, management company unreachable
Iberville chlorine leak more dangerous than first thought; parish leaders lambaste plant...
Advocates for jailed juveniles protest possible relocation to Angola