Clothes dryer causes house fire near Government Street, says BRFD
BATON ROUGE - A house located off of Government Street caught fire Saturday morning due to a clothes dryer.
Around 8:20 a.m. the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the 450 block of Finchley near Government Street in regards to a house fire.
When firefighters arrived on scene they found the laundry room in flames. Before fire crews could get the fire under control it spread to the kitchen.
The rest of the home received some smoke damage.
No one was injured.
According to BRFD, the fire was caused by a malfunction in the clothes dryer.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Part-time police department employee among 12 arrested in massive Pointe Coupee drug...
Gunfire erupts at funeral for Baton Rouge shooting victim; one person hurt
Prosecutors reviewing DCFS failures as state investigates toddler's death, foster home abuse
Armed robbery suspects led officers on high-speed chase through multiple parishes Friday...
Person shot at funeral in Plaquemine
Southern defensive lineman Jason Dumas comes back home to be closer to...
LSU wideout Brian Thomas trying to take the next step in year...
New Orleans Saints Jarvis Landry is proving he's still one of the...
Woodlawn's Rickie Collins commits to LSU
Scotlandville's Jamall Franklin commits to Houston