Chef of the Month: Bayou Bistro's Grand Isle Seafood Cakes
BATON ROUGE- Bayou Bistro's Chef Chucky Lejeune was back in the 2une In kitchen on Wednesday for his last segment as our December chef of the month. Chef Chucky brought along Bayou Bistro's catering manager Judy Wallis to talk about some of the different options the restaurant offers.
For his final dish, Chef Chucky decided to fry up a Louisiana favorite: Grand Isle Seafood Cakes. Check out the recipe below and be sure to watch 2une In next week to find out who our January chef of the month will be.
Grand Isle Seafood Cakes
3 pounds of Blackfin crabmeat
1 pound steamed diced shrimp
1 pound Crawfish Tales
1 cup of diced Red Bell Pepper
1 cup of diced Green Onions
1/2 cup of fresh chopped Parsley
2 tbsp. Creole Seasoning
1 tbsp. Black Pepper
1/2 tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
2 oz. Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Mustard
2 cups Mayo
4 cups Japanese Bread Crumbs
1. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except bread crumbs. Mix well using your hands.
2. Add 3 cups of bread crumbs and mix well.
3. Using a small scoop make a ball of mixture then form into a patty.
4. Bread the patties with 1 cup of bread crumbs
5. Pan fry for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown or bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Family cheers on Livingston Parish American Idol star
Man abducted teen in MS, found 330 miles away in Gonzales
VIDEO: Vehicle fire briefly shuts down Causeway Bridge
Gonzales city officials propose new street to ease LA 30 congestion
Horses lead law enforcement on chase near Tanger Outlet on I-10