Accidental fire engulfs kitchen in flames near Staring Lane
St. GEORGE - A kitchen was engulfed in flames Saturday morning.
Around 11 a.m. the St. George Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire at 677 Fountain View Dr. near Staring Lane.
According to officials, firefighters were able to control the fire in four minutes.
No injuries were reported.
The rest of the house suffered only smoke damage.
When the resident left the house he mistakenly turned the wrong knob to turn the stove off, which caused the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Bars in Iberville Parish look to reopen this weekend as coronavirus cases...
Fence company makes good on project following On Your Side report, other...
LSU tailgating ban means big adjustments for local businesses
Crowd jeers as Trump pays respects at court to Ginsburg
Livingston Parish residents face flooding yet again, thanks to Tropical Storm Beta
LSU changing the recruiting game with prospect led visits
LSU football returns Saturday with no tailgating, 25% capacity in Death Valley
What you need to know before you geaux to Tiger Stadium
Coach O Weekly Press Conference - Game 1 vs. MSU
Coach O speaks with media, says 'most' of team has had coronavirus