3-year-old killed, two others hurt in Pennsylvania hoverboard fire
HARRISBURG, Pa. - Authorities say a 3-year-old girl has died following a Pennsylvania fire that also critically injured two others and appears to have been sparked by a recharging hoverboard.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said Ashanti Hughes was pronounced dead at an area hospital just after 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
Harrisburg officials said one victim jumped from a second-floor roof to escape the blaze, which was reported shortly before 8 p.m. Friday. Three others were rescued by ladder. A man and another occupant of the home, a teenage boy, were treated and released.
Authorities said fire Lt. Dennis DeVoe was heading to the scene when his vehicle was hit in an intersection. He was reported in critical condition.
Officials say the hoverboard was plugged in and charging before it caught fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
With Mother's Day business blooming flower shops are struggling to hire staff
Dr. William Tate becomes LSU's first Black university president
Bicycle shortage continues frustrating those in the industry
West Feliciana Parish leads the way in Louisiana vaccination efforts
EBR looking to expand Virtual Academy next school year
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search
Drew Brees and Sean Payton enjoy the Zurich Classic
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76