Crews fighting house fire in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters were met with massive flames and sparking power lines while responding to a house fire in Baton Rouge Friday.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said the blaze happened around noon at a house on Packard Street near Stutz Street.
The department said the fire was sparked by an unattended candle left burning inside the home. Video from the scene shows the house consumed by flames, and nearby power lines were surging and sparking.
BRFD reports one resident escaped the home unharmed, and firefighters kept the flames from spreading to neighboring homes.
No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
BRFD urging residents to sign up for Community Connect to better aid...
Blighted Scotlandville theater with a lot of history set to reopen after...
Community group hopes EBR school bus issues will be resolved, students can...
Years after Nakamoto report, Judiciary Commission recommends suspension for justice of the...
Celtic Studios, local actor reflect on Hollywood strikes potentially ending