WATCH: Power lines surge as crews battle raging house fire in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters were met with massive flames and sparking power lines while responding to a house fire in Baton Rouge Friday.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said the blaze happened around noon at a house on Packard Street near Stutz Street.
The department said the fire was sparked by an unattended candle left burning inside the home. Video from the scene shows the house consumed by flames, and nearby power lines were surging and sparking.
BRFD reports one resident escaped the home unharmed, and firefighters kept the flames from spreading to neighboring homes.
No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Big rig trouble: Over a dozen semi trucks robbed of parts in...
Planning Commission denies proposal to designate Beauregard Town as historic district
Major drainage project underway in Central
Woman says secret camera was hidden in bathroom for years, disguised as...
Governor calls recent tragedies at DCFS 'real failure'
WATCH: LSU QB Garrett Nussmeier talks to media about fall camp
WATCH: LSU QB Jayden Daniels talks fall camp
LSU QB Myles Brennan quitting football, not at practice Monday morning
Sports2's 1-on-1 with 5 star LSU commit Shelton Sampson
WATCH: 1-on-1 with recent LSU commit QB Rickie Collins