Woman rescued from house fire by good Samaritans
BATON ROUGE - A woman was rescued from a burning home by daring good Samaritans Monday.
The fire was at a home on Bartlett Street, near Choctaw. A contractor ran into the home after noticing smoke and hearing the woman call for help.
While the first contractor ran inside, another went to a window to await the woman and the other contractor. Both contractors, who were doing work next door, helped the woman through the window.
The woman needed the help of a walker to get around, and was not able to escape the house on her own, the fire department said. Two dogs also survived, but a third dog died from smoke inhalation.
Family members embraced the heroes outside once everyone was safely outside.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department says the cause of the fire was a lit cigarette left on a chair. The fire department also says it commends these brave men, who risked their lives to save someone else.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Woman bites camel to save herself after freak encounter in Iberville Parish
Officer shot, killed in Mandeville was former Marine; leaves behind 7 children
East Baton Rouge on track to break record number of overdose deaths
FEMA issues Livingston Parish deadline for flood prevention master plan
Zachary man drowns while attempting elaborate marriage proposal in Tanzania
Southern Center Jaylon Brinson excited to play in front of home town
Fans' Choice Award Winner 2019: Week 1- Isaiah Jones
Coach O Postgame after Lsu defeats Texas 45-38
Hunter Register leads Southern's offense despite loss to McNeese
Taylor Bannister's journey to becoming a LSU Volleyball Superstar