Water heater malfunction causes house fire on Madison Ave.
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters responded to a working house fire on Madison Avenue Monday night.
Fire crews were called to the 4700 block of Madison Ave. around 8:10 p.m. It was brought under control around 8:26 p.m., according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
According to BRFD, the fire was caused by a malfunction in the home's water heater. The fire started in a utility closet and burned through the attic before being brought under control, BRFD said.
No injuries were reported. Officials with Red Cross were notified to assist the residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Trailer containing original artwork, said to be worth thousands, allegedly stolen from...
Business booming for Denham Springs restaurant after judge orders to halt operation
SU Athletic Department and CareSouth host curbside back to school giveaway
2MAD: Women United providing single moms, families with fresh food amid pandemic
Former LSU track star mourns younger brother's death, killed in S. Flannery...