Space heater to blame for Evangeline St. house fire
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters officials say a space heater is to blame for a morning fire in Baton Rouge.
Crews responded to a house fire in the 5600 block of Evaneline Street. At the scene, firefighters found a bedroom in the home on fire.
The blaze was quickly extinguished before it could spread to the rest of the home. Authorities say a space heater left unattended near "combustibles."
No one was home at the time of the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Senator Cassidy says stimulus checks should arrive by the end of the...
Police: Teenage burglar led officers on lengthy pursuit through EBR, Pointe Coupee...
Winn-Dixie shoppers surprised to find out Tyler Perry paid for their groceries
Governor John Bel Edwards signs new unemployment order
Broadmoor United Methodist continues to serve public despite suffering from arson-related fires