Report: Child electrocuted in canal
WILMER - A 13-year-old boy was likely electrocuted when he grabbed a wet pipe in a canal this week.
The child was playing with two other kids when he slipped through a cattle grate and into the canal. Witnesses told sheriff's deputies, the child grabbed a metal pipe that had a wire running through it. The wire connected to an electrical outlet, ActionNews17.com reported.
The accident happened on Pine Meadows Road, a rural area of Tangipahoa Parish outside Amite.
First responders and the child's father attempted CPR but were not able to save the child, deputies said.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
As Galligan withdraws from search, committee set to unveil candidates for LSU...
EBR school system cancels plan to return in July, will offer alternatives...
Tom Galligan, Interim LSU president, withdraws from consideration for permanent job
Tuesday's Health Report
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Former White Castle mayor arrested for alleged crimes while in...
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76
Southern Wins Third Straight Bayou Classic
White squad edges Purple in LSU Spring game
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...