Latest Weather Blog
Georgia students sickened after eating unknown substance
JACKSON, Ga. (AP) - A Georgia sheriff says several students at a middle school became sick after eating an unknown substance that looked like candy.
Henderson Middle School in Jackson said in a Friday statement that several students became ill after ingesting the substance earlier in the day. School officials say they're working with law officers to collect the substance and provide treatment for the students.
The Butts County Sheriff's Office is asking parents to call 911 if their children have the substance, described as looking like "fruity pebbles" with a hard texture. Few other details were immediately available Friday afternoon. The school is about 45 miles southeast of Atlanta.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Suspected gunman found hiding in woods after day-long manhunt in Zachary
Officer Shawn Kelly dies in hospital weeks after shootout at Denham Springs...
Daughter of LSU legend Billy Cannon sends dazzling gift to Kim Mulkey...
Deputies seize more than 3,000 fentanyl pills after months-long investigation into huge...
Nearly 40 rounds fired during drive-by shooting captured on camera
LSU baseball prepares for NCAA Regional play
LSU, Tulane to meet in first round of Baton Rouge Regional as...
LSU president reminisces during team trip to DC
Southern baseball sweeps Arkansas-Pine Bluff to finish out regular season
A candid conversation with Kim Mulkey - Watch the half-hour special on...