Fish smell could have caused boy's fatal allergic reaction
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) - Medical authorities say the smell of fish cooking in his grandmother's kitchen may have caused an allergic reaction that killed an 11-year-old New Jersey boy.
Officials in New York are investigating the death of Cameron Jean-Pierre in Brooklyn on New Year's Day.
The boy's mother tells ABC News her son suffered from asthma and was allergic to fish, and that the family carried a nebulizer machine to treat attacks.
Jody Pottingr said the family had moved from Brooklyn to Piscataway two years ago, where Cameron was a sixth-grader and honor-roll student at Theodore Schor Middle School.
The boy was visiting relatives Tuesday when he was stricken, apparently after inhaling aromas from a traditional Caribbean fish dish that his grandmother and aunt were cooking.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
La. adopting federal guidelines easing restrictions on nursing home visits
Louisiana teacher uses Joe Burrow and some presidential figures to practice social...
Doctor warns heat stroke can strike anyone at any time, despite age
BRPD to host memorial blood drive in honor of Denham Springs High's...
St. James bar owners ready to open up for business
Coach O speaks with media, says 'most' of team has had coronavirus
LSU's Neil Farrell opting back in for 2020 season
LHSAA moves up start of high school football, teams cleared to start...
LSU AD Scott Woodwards talks Game Day for Tiger Stadium
Former LSU Tiger Tre White emotional over new NFL deal