Fire damages family home on Hooper Road
CENTRAL - The Red Cross is assisting a family after a fire ripped through their home.
The blaze occurred in the 8900 block of Hooper Road. According to Central Fire Department officials, the fire began around 8:30 p.m. Friday.
Firefighters arrived to visible flames coming from the inside of the home. Investigators told WBRZ they believe the fire started in the laundry room.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Working house fire 8900 block of Hooper Rd. Engine 353,313,343 rescue 338 and chief 301&305 responded. A quick... <a href="https://t.co/d75lH6HoUy">https://t.co/d75lH6HoUy</a></p>— Central Fire Dept. (@CentralFireDept) <a href="https://twitter.com/CentralFireDept/status/944401203668058113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The Red Cross was called in to assist the five children and two adults who lived at the home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Fire on Glenhaven Drive just days before tenants set to move in
18-wheeler crashed through barricade, blocked I-110 for hours Wednesday morning
Missing pastor identified as victim in gruesome double murder in Covington
Off-ramp blocked as crews assist semi-trailer crashed through barricade
Mom trying to protect special needs daughter arrested after sending listening device...
Southeastern hosting Idaho in first round of FCS Playoffs Saturday
Fans' Choice Award Winner: U-High's Keylan Moses
Southeastern running back Derrick Graham has a deep passion for rodeo
Southeastern to face Idaho in first round of FCS Playoffs
The Black and Gold Report: New Orleans Saints vs Los Angeles Rams