Electrical mishap sparks small grass fire, knocks out power along College Drive
BATON ROUGE - Several businesses along the College Drive corridor lost power Wednesday after what appeared to be some kind of equipment failure.
Witnesses reported hearing a snapping sound before the lights went out between I-10 and Perkins Road. Firefighters were also seen putting out a small grass fire near a pair of utility poles.
It's still unclear what exactly caused the outage.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One killed, multiple others hurt in shooting that broke up ATV trail...
At least one dead in chaos at Port Hudson gathering
Cyclist struck and killed in hit-and-run off Airline Highway Saturday morning
Broadmoor Christmas parade rolled through neighborhood Saturday
Holiday Express on schedule to arrive in Gonzales Thursday; road closures announced