Crews respond to electrical fire at Baton Rouge home
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters responded to a reported house fire early Monday morning.
The incident was reported in the 11900 block of Sherbrook Avenue just after 2 a.m. The original call came in as something possibly burning in the backyard of the residence.
At the scene, crews noticed smoke coming from behind the house. Upon further investigation, firefighters found heavy smoke in the attic.
It was then determined there was a fire in the carport utility room where an electrical panel was located. Most of the fire damage was contained to the utility room and the attic above it. The cause of the fire was determined to be a electrical short in the breaker panel.
No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Officer shot, killed in Mandeville was former Marine; leaves behind 7 children
East Baton Rouge on track to break record number of overdose deaths
FEMA issues Livingston Parish deadline for flood prevention master plan
Zachary man drowns while attempting elaborate marriage proposal in Tanzania
Police officer dead, another injured after shooting in Mandeville
Southern Center Jaylon Brinson excited to play in front of home town
Fans' Choice Award Winner 2019: Week 1- Isaiah Jones
Coach O Postgame after Lsu defeats Texas 45-38
Hunter Register leads Southern's offense despite loss to McNeese
Taylor Bannister's journey to becoming a LSU Volleyball Superstar