Contractor cutting tree shocked by electrical wire; man expected to be okay
ST. AMANT - A contractor cutting limbs was shocked when a branch came in contact with an electrical wire and sent a current through the tree.
St. Amant firefighters said the man was cutting limbs from a home on Drozin Mayers Road in St. Amant on Wednesday afternoon.
Fire Chief James LeBlanc said the man is okay, but is being taken to a hospital for treatment.
No other injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Feds say an upscale home on East Lakeshore drive was the center...
Hammond home invaders attempted to execute 7-year-old; police say gun misfired
Now that new Livingston Parish development has passed, what's the plan for...
Hundreds of schools to install panic buttons in classrooms
LSU Foundation employee caught with child porn after deputies uncovered disturbing online...
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League