BRFD: Electrical short sparks house fire on Wesson Street
BATON ROUGE- Emergency crews responded to a house fire Tuesday night.
The incident occurred around 8:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 9400 block of Wesson Street.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the fire was caused by an electrical short in the attic. The fire was contained in about 20 minutes with help from St. George.
One person was in the home at the time of the fire, but was able to escape without injuries.
The total estimated damage to the home is valued at $75,000. Red Cross was called to assist.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Consumers prepare for Black Friday shopping differently this year
Christmas tree farms experience increase in business amid pandemic
Restaurants stay busy as families choose the to-go route for Thanksgiving meal
Family grateful for baby's miraculous recovery after mother died from Covid19
Firefighters demonstrate dangers of deep-frying a turkey for Thanksgiving feast
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...
Can Taysom Hill continue his success for the Saints?; Fantasy Focus with...
Catholic freshman Daniel Beale has been thrown into super stardom thanks to...
Can Jameis Winston lead this Saints offense?; Fantasy Focus Week 11 with...