Area sandbag locations
Sandbags are being made available ahead of the threat of heavy rain later Sunday and early next week.
Pre-filled sandbags are available for parish residents at: Prairieville Fire Department, 14517 LA-73; 5th Ward Fire Department, 39110 LA-22, Darrow; 7th District Fire Department Station 71,13432 Roddy Rd, Gonzales; Butch Gore Memorial Park, 14550 Harry Savoy Rd., St. Amant; Ascension Parish Fire Protection District No. 1, 13192 Airline Hwy., Gonzales; Stevens Park, 4323 Cannon Road, Gonzales; Donaldsonville - DPW West, 725 Church Street, Donaldsonville; Jackie Robinson Memorial Park, 35638 Coco Road, Geismar; 615 E. Worthey Street, Gonzales.
The Department of Public Works will also have loose sand and bags at Galvez Lake Fire Department on Joe Sevario Rd. Residents need to bring their own shovels.
East Baton Rouge
BAKER: City Hall 3325; Groom Road - Self-filling location, bring shovel; Monday: Pre-filled sandbags for Baker residents only at public works facility located at 1507 Mississippi Street.
Eight self serve sandbag locations in BR area. Please bring your own shovel.
- BREC Alsen Park – 601 Old Rafe Mayer Road
- BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds – 16072 Airline Highway
- BREC Cadillac Street – 6117 Cadillac Street
- BREC Doyles Bayou Park – 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
- BREC Flannery Road Park – 801 S Flannery Road
- BREC Hartley-Vey at Gardere Park – 1702 Gardere Lane
- BREC Lovett Road Park – 13443 Lovett Road
- BREC Memorial Stadium – 1702 Foss Street
Sand and bags: Grand Point Fire Station; Vacherie Fire Training Center. Bring a shovel to fill sandbags.
Self-serve sandbag stations at the main fire station in each of the following communities: Natalbany, Loranger, Husser, Wilmer, Kentwood, and Independence. In the 8th Ward, sandbag stations will be set up at the fire station on LA 445 and at the new station on LA 22 east in Bedico. In Ponchatoula, the fire stations on LA 22 east and west of the city limits will have self-serve sandbag stations, as will the Hammond Baptist Fire Station.
St. John the Baptist Parish
Self-serve sandbag stations
- St. John Community Center (2900 Hwy. 51 in LaPlace)
- Railroad Avenue Fire Station (near Riverside Academy) - Reserve
- Ezekiel Jackson Park - Garyville
- Juan Anthony Joseph Memorial Park - Edgard
- Wallace Fire Station
- Pleasure Bend Fire Station
Pre-filled sandbags for elderly and disabled (Limit 10)
425 Captain G. Bourgeois, LaPlace
St. John sandbag sites are open from noon - 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, August 23, 2020, from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Pennington Biomedical launches major fundraising campaign
Sheriff: Alleged relationship between student, teacher at Tangipahoa school under investigation
Tiger's Trail RV Resort opens in Baton Rouge
State will allow individual parishes to opt out of statewide burn ban
BRPD Chief Paul gets emotional at Metro Council meeting on BRAVE Cave...