WATCH: Sparking power line, trailer fire causes concern for firefighters
CENTRAL - Crews responding to a shed fire were surprised to find a different situation happening Wednesday morning.
Central Fire Department officials were called to the 10600 block of Welcome Hites around 8 a.m. for a shed on fire.
Crews said they later received word a utility trailer was on fire next to a barn. When on the scene, crews found a live power line sparking and arching near by.
Video from the scene showed sparks coming from the ground where the power line had fallen.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Freshman move-in day at Southern University takes place with COVID health precautions
YMCA unable to offer distance learning program because of state law
Southern set to welcome back students with modified move-in day
St. Helena Parish teachers welcome students back to class via eLearning platforms
'Lee High' letters removed from newly-named Liberty High School in Baton Rouge