Family pet killed in overnight Kimmeridge Dr. house fire
BATON ROUGE - Fire officials say a family's dog died as a result of an overnight house fire on Kimmeridge Drive.
The fire was reported around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. At the scene, crews found smoke coming from the house. Authorities say the fire started in the kitchen area. The family told firefighters they were awakened by one of their dogs. The same dog later died as a result of the smoke.
Officials say the cause of the fire has been ruled as unintentional. According to a new release, the house received heavy fire and smoke damage.
The Red Cross was called to assist.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
String of car break-ins in luxury Baton Rouge apartment complex
LSU announces that students will not be required to get COVID-19 vaccines
Coast Guard suspends search for Seacor Power crew, volunteer diver weighs in...
Entergy finds solution for neighborhood with frequent power outages
Woman finds tracking device on car, state police want it back
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76
Southern Wins Third Straight Bayou Classic
White squad edges Purple in LSU Spring game
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...