Dog dies after awaking family to overnight house fire
BATON ROUGE - Fire officials say a family's dog died as a result of an overnight house fire on Kimmeridge Drive.
The fire was reported around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. At the scene, crews found smoke coming from the house. Authorities say the fire started in the kitchen area. The family told firefighters they were awakened by one of their dogs. The same dog later died as a result of the smoke.
Officials say the cause of the fire has been ruled as unintentional. According to a new release, the house received heavy fire and smoke damage.
The Red Cross was called to assist.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
News 2 Geaux: Teens escape BR detention center overnight
Two shot, injured on Southern University campus early Friday morning
News 2 Geaux: Parish revokes Raxx Club liquor license
BR Police capture four juvenile detention center escapees; one remains at large
Livingston Parish officials unanimously vote to pass new river safety ordinance
Fans' Choice Player of the week 6: Central's Glen Cage
Tiger fans frustrated with Coach O after loss in Lexington
Dutchtown running back Dylan Sampson breaks Eddie Lacy's career rushing record
Tackling woes, issues with defense continue to plague LSU in loss to...
LSU loses big to Kentucky, what's next for Tiger football