Utility worker in Catahoula Parish gets 14,000-volt shock
WINNSBORO, La. (AP) - An electric company lineman is recovering from injuries suffered after he inadvertently touched a high-voltage line.
The Northeast Louisiana Ambulance Service says in a news release that the worker, whose name was not released, was working in a bucket truck Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. in Catahoula Parish when he touched the line.
The release says sheriff's deputies were on the scene within minutes, followed by emergency medical service personnel.
Ambulance service spokesman Shane Scott says the victim was hospitalized for burn care and was reported as "stable and improving."
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Community mourns the loss of 13-year-old killed in pileup on Hwy 190
100 educators vaccinated at Baton Rouge General Wednesday
Walmart, CVS among new pharmacies approved to administer COVID-19 vaccination shots
Businesses are cautiously optimistic as LSU anticipates mostly normal operations for fall...
Accused hitman free despite 3 murder charges; police say those cases are...