Unattended stove caused fire on Sycamore Street
BATON ROUGE – Firefighters say an unattended pot stove caused a fire on Sycamore Street in Baton Rouge Wednesday morning.
The fire happened around 2:41 a.m. in the 4500 block of Sycamore Street Wednesday. According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, firefighters arriving at the scene discovered the home’s kitchen on fire.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames before it could spread to other parts of the home. BRFD reports the home did receive some moderate smoke damage.
BRFD estimates the fire caused $25,000 in damages.
“Firefighters credit the home’s smoke detectors for alerting the family of the blaze,” Captain Eric Jarreau said. “Without those detectors, this scene could have been more tragic. Belongings can be replaced. Lives cannot.”
The American Red Cross was called to assist the residents. Baton Rouge Police, EMS and Entergy responded to the scene.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Santa responds to letters addressed to the North Pole from Gonzales this...
Ochsner hospitals prepare to start rolling out COVID-19 vaccines
Free COVID testing available to Ascension residents this Wed-Thurs
Governor Edwards addresses viral photo showing him maskless at country club
Owners rescue puppy from python in backyard
LSU loses its wide receiver shortly before game against Crimson Tide
Port Allen advances to 2nd round after huge win over Pine
U High has no problems with Evangel Christian in first round
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...