Three people flee home as fire breaks out within living room wall
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters rushed to a home just off Bogan Walk and worked quickly to extinguish a house fire that was caused by an electrical short.
The incident occurred early Monday morning, around 4:44 a.m., on Pen Street. All three people who were inside when the fire broke out, rushed out of the house and made their way to safety.
First responders with the Baton Rouge Fire Department arrived on scene to find flames in the wall of the living room.
The firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze in about thirty minutes, preventing it from spreading to other areas of the home.
Red Cross was summoned to assist the three survivors.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Consumers prepare for Black Friday shopping differently this year
Christmas tree farms experience increase in business amid pandemic
Restaurants stay busy as families choose the to-go route for Thanksgiving meal
Family grateful for baby's miraculous recovery after mother died from Covid19
Firefighters demonstrate dangers of deep-frying a turkey for Thanksgiving feast
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...
Can Taysom Hill continue his success for the Saints?; Fantasy Focus with...
Catholic freshman Daniel Beale has been thrown into super stardom thanks to...
Can Jameis Winston lead this Saints offense?; Fantasy Focus Week 11 with...