One of two Sunday morning house fires caused by arson
BATON ROUGE - The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to two house fires Sunday morning.
The first fire occurred in the 3200 block of Chippewa Street around 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning.
BRFD determined the cause of the fire was a faulty heater. Firefighters arrived on scene to find heavy smoke coming from the house, according to BRFD. The fire then went through the roof before being controlled.
The house was a total loss, BRFD said.
Shortly after the first fire was called in, a second fire was called in at a vacant home in the 5000 block of Byron Ave. across from McClelland Drive.
BRFD determined the cause of the fire was arson. Firefighters arrived on scene to find smoke coming from the house.
The house had two spots where someone was trying to start the fire, according to BRFD.
The house was schedule to be demolished, according to the owner.
No injuries were reported in either fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
On Memorial Day, family remembers WWII veteran who died from COVID-19
Louisiana legislature poised to expand access to medical marijuana
Volunteers honor fallen soldiers buried in forgotten cemetery
One killed in construction accident at Baton Rouge home Monday
WATCH: Procession for Trooper George Baker
Southern baseball players meet for unofficial practice in Port Allen
Kenan Cooper is first from West Feliciana to swim collegialety
LSU rolls out new turf in Tiger Stadium overnight
LSU Coaches dish on latest with football team
New West Feliciana football coach unsure of when he'll meet his new...