Ohio boy electrocuted while conducting YouTube experiment
VERMILION, Ohio - Authorities say a 15-year-old Ohio boy has been electrocuted while apparently attempting to conduct an experiment he saw on YouTube.
The Sandusky Register reports that Erie County sheriff's officials say authorities were called to the boy's home in Vermilion Township at about 6 p.m. Tuesday. Emergency crews administered treatment and took the boy to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Erie County deputies say the boy apparently was trying to perform an experiment called Jacob's Ladder involving a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity between two points.
Authorities say he saw the experiment on YouTube and tried it in his garage while his family was at home.
The teen was a student at Vermilion High School.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Local restaurants struggling to hire employees as business increases
COAST GUARD: Two more unresponsive crew members recovered from capsized lift boat...
Woman's missing unemployment benefits may have gone to wrong bank account
Second body recovered miles from lift boat as Coast Guard continues search...
Defense lawyers questioning BRPD drug squad cases amid corruption investigation
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job
Coach O admits to mistakes, takes steps to correct them in the...
Saints QB Jameis Winston gets emotional discussing Drew Brees