Neighbor arms herself with garden hose to help fight B.R. house fire
BATON ROUGE - A conscientious neighbor armed herself with a garden hose and took on the role of self-appointed honorary firefighter early Monday evening at the scene of a fire on Aldrich Drive.
Neighbors saw the house on fire, and that’s when one helpful resident took it upon herself to fight the blaze herself before the Baton Rouge Fire Department could arrive.
The fire broke out at a house in the 4700 block of Aldrich Drive at around 4 p.m. Monday with firefighters arriving shortly after neighbors spotted it. They were still on the scene around 20 minutes later.
The fire caused damage to the rear roof of the house before BRFD firefighters were able to get it under control. Firefighers say the fire was sparked by high winds wiggling power lines.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Snoball stands staying busy during summer heat
Still recovering from life-changing injury, former SU football player moves into new...
Two parish presidents abandon their communities during Barry for Las Vegas
Officials give new details on planned College Drive flyover ramp
Adopt rescued animals at Petco this weekend