Lunchtime trash fire briefly closes local Golden Corral Wednesday
BATON ROUGE - Investigators say something thrown into the garbage compactor at a Golden Corral sparked a trash fire around lunch Wednesday.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the call on Millerville Greens Boulevard just before 11 a.m. Wednesday. Firefighters say some trash was accidentally ignited after someone tossed an unknown item into the compactor.
BRFD says the fire was contained to the compactor itself, but a sprinkler did trigger just inside the rear entrance of the business.
Firefighters say the restaurant should be able to reopen soon.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Baton Rouge security company offers active-shooter technology as part of security training
Central City Council approves funding for more license plate readers
Laplace bracing for 2022 hurricane season
After owners' sex crime arrests, Tiki Tubing no longer plans to open...
Orange Beach to beef up safety protocols ahead of memorial day weekend
Southern baseball wins game one 21-2 over Alcorn
VIDEO: Former Saints and Tiger Devery Henderson talks about the difference between...
New NCAA rules tweak opens door for more SEC dominance
VIDEO: Devery Henderson Talk about Bluegrass Miracle and the Saints "Rebirth game"
VIDEO: Former Tigers and Saints receiver Devery Henderson talks with Corey Rholdon...