House fire started after man drove into gas meter
BATON ROUGE – The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire on Wednesday morning that was started after a man ran into a gas meter.
The fire was deemed accidental after the homeowner left for work in his truck and ran forward into a gas meter on the home. The meter started burning and spread to the Leonidas Drive home causing an estimated $25,000 worth of damage.
Entergy shut off the gas line that was still burning when they arrived on scene. There are no reports of injuries.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Vaccine rollouts ramp up across nation, and in Louisiana
Police investigate fatal incident involving vehicle with bullet holes on I-10 West...
Sunday Journal: Count Your Blessings supper by St. Vincent de Paul
Dozens of families in mobile home park living without water for over...
Authorities discover two men suffering inside a vehicle from gunshot wounds on...